Nerve Damage / Impingement
Your nerves send messages from your body to your spinal cord and brain. Which register pain levels in the body.
Nerve pain can either have an apparent cause such as diabetes, injury, autoimmune diseases etc. Or it can be ‘idiopathic’ which means there is no apparent or known cause. Please also see peripheral neuropathy
- Sensations of numbness, tingling or burning pain
- Excessive sensitivity of skin to light touch. That is a sensation that is normally pleasant such as stroking is extremely unpleasant. Known as allodynia.
- Reduction in mobility from pain
- Changes in your sweat production
- Loss of sensation
- Changes in perception to heat and cold
- Bladder dysfunction
- Radiating pain running down a leg
- Lack of co-ordination
- Weakness/ twitching
- Lightning headaches